Winter in Tivoli
1 – 24 February
Site: Vesterbrogade 3, 1630 København V
The whole garden is included, with up against 15 light installations, based on the special quality of blue in LED.
It is the ambition to take the guests on a light trip, and Tivoli is internationally famous for its special “Tivoli Light”. Guests may look forward to experiencing a winter-styled garden with interactive stardust that pursues the guests in the main entrance. Tivoli’s light designer Jesper Kongshaug has invited a number of artists to visit, who, with their light scenes, will set the garden in a special winter light.
Lighting and illuminations during Winter in Tivoli:
- “Little Sun Light Swarm“, created by the Danish-Icelandic artist Olafur Eliasson, is 33 lamps that float between trees in geometric shapes with changing light appearances (from 2017)
- The fence around Tivoli with be covered of icy light
- Laser projections on the ceiling in Pingonesia
- Two very different shows on the lake:
1. “The Prophecy of Vølven” in three acts with electronic music created especially for Winter in Tivoli. Among other things, guests will see Odin’s eye on the lake and the dramatic ragnarok of the mythology of Scandinavian history is told with laser light show and newly designed illuminations on the water.
2. “Tango Jalousie” inspired by Jacob Gade’s evergreen, who was a member of Tivoli-Garden, and with the Tango-Jalousie, “he returns home” to Tivoli again. Both shows were created by Tivoli Light Designer Jesper Kongshaug, and they are shown twice every evening throughout the season.
- Pixel mapping at the face of Nimb which alternately freezes and melts in a cyclus
- A graphic work that runs on a LED roof near Mazzoli’s with new content
- Laser beam from Tivoli to Nikolaj Kunsthal created by Martin Ersted. The light from the laser beam marks Copenhagen’s cultural district and shows a central part of the route for the Copenhagen Light Festival
- Illuminated Origami swans on the lake created by the Tivoli Development Department. The swans are inspired by H.C. Andersen’s fairy tale “The wild swans”
- Tivoli’s Main Avenue is covered with interactive stardust 2.0 from projections never seen outside before in Denmark
- In front of Nimb, a 300 m2 large octagonal ice rink with light in the ice and the ceiling. 50 skaters will have interactive scates, that makes light tracks after them
- During Winter in Tivoli the general light expression is blue and white
- The Tivoli Corner will glow in a deep blue hue 2.0