Dates and places
The Copenhagen Light Festival takes place in February 2018 in the Copenhagen city centre and is mostly free to attend.
The festival contains permanent, semi-permanent and temporary experiences, such as
- Beautiful, captivating temporary sculptural elements or staging of urban
spaces, historic buildings and the cultural district with lights and colours
- Dynamic light experiences such as pixel mapping, film, moving projectors
- Listed activities such as dark walks, city cycling or night-running with lights
- Interactive light experiences – citizens and tourists are involved, staging or
managing / contributing themselves
- Artistic lighting experiences relating to sound
- The city’s existing light experiences are included and highlighted
Sustainability, Green Mobility, Equality and Diversity are important elements in
creative / artistic interaction with the strong Danish traditions and competencies
in light (and darkness!).