Our creative platform
The passionate and detailed appreciation of light itself In Denmark is strongly influenced by the qualities and shortcomings of Nordic daylight – e.g. the low sun angles, the intense winter darkness and the variations in both daylight colour and magnitude. Especially winter light makes Nordic people remarkably sensitive to getting sufficient light (artificial light as well as daylight), light with a good quality, and light that creates atmosphere.
We want the Copenhagen Light Festival to be based on the traditions of Nordic Lighting Design and art:
- Respect of and in balance with the darkness
- Installations that improves life through interaction with human needs, architecture and spaces
- Optimal balance between function, aesthetics and sustainability
- Examples of minimalistic beauty and functionality to honour the Scandinavian Design traditions
- Examples of festive and expressive installations, to the take advantage of a temporary element